Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing 6

Well lots of playing took place today. I did not feel that some of the sites were very user friendly and many times there were no buttons to lead us back to where we started! However, I did come across the magazine cover option on Flickr that I just love. Every year my 5th grade math teacher has her g/t kids to a research unit on a famous mathematician and in the past we have had the kids make a poster about the facts they have learned following a biography poem format. This year, I want to have each student create a magazine cover for his or her mathematician. The trading cards were interesting, as were the movie posters, but not as much information can be added. Also, it is a bit difficult because they don't give samples of the different fonts, nor do they allow you to change font size. But, I am sure the kids could figure it out faster than me!

No comments: