Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thing 5



I really like Flickr! I can see all sorts of uses for it with my students and faculty. The first thing I plan to make is a powerpoint to support a third grade lesson about international landmarks since I found fabulous pictures of the places we ask the students to research such as the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal and the Sydney Opera House. These wonderful pictures will give the students a better sense of what each landmark looks like. I do however have a question about how to cite the sources. How do we give each picture the credit that it deserve? Do we ask the students to make a text box on the picture to then state the source or is there a better way?

1 comment:

VWB said...

making a text box would be one way...even adding it jsut below the picture instead of one the picture...another way would be to have a list of image credits at the end of the report/project if that is a part of the whole thing or even on the rubric....it could be included as part of the checklist? lots of ways!