Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing 13

I like using del.icio.us for my professional and personal use. It is very straightforward and easy to use. I like the list of tags and have decided that the fewer, more precise tags I put for each site, the better. I think I may have to add the buttons again on my home and my school computers since the computer I am working on now is not one that I usually use. I do like that once those buttons are added, I can get to my bookmarks from other computers which will allow me to work from home if necessary. I also really like being able to see my friend's bookmarks. However, I am not sure yet how to have the students use del.icio.us for their research. Again, as with other tools, I can see it being used with high school students more than with my elementary students. But, I may be underestimating my students' searching abilities.

No comments: