Monday, June 30, 2008

Thing 15`

Lots to digest today! I am in total agreement that the web has changed dramatically from several years ago and has gone from a closed system to an open, shared network space that encourages user participation and collective thoughts. My favorite perspective about Web 2.0 came from Rick Anderson's Away from the "icebergs" http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/2.htm because I could more easily see my elementary school library through his thoughts rather than the others. The biggest obstacles now seem to be the reality of the school system with lack of student computers, lack of personnel, etc. etc. As much as I dislike having to agree with his thoughts on the "just in case" collection, I do see his perspective. The reasons I dislike this goes back to student computer availability and checking the authenticity of the sites the students use. I also liked David Warlick's 2 cents worth http://davidwarlick.com/2cents/?s=Library+2.0 enough to tag it on my del.icio.us site.

No comments: