Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing 22

This is the longest I have worked on this class at one time and I must say I am getting cross-eyed! But, I am going out of town next week (that is what summers are for in my opinion!) and the August 5th due date is looming large--so I am pushing on! Nings remind me of listservs--which I just read from an entry from Carol Simpson should actually be called email lists. She was responding on the Texas School Librarian Ning about the differences between this site and the TLC email list. The most obvious is that the TLC email list comes to you and you need to go to the nings. My favorite of the 3 listed was the Teacher Librarian Ning. I liked that they had an Elementary Librarian group, which the Texas School Librarian Ning did not. I actually printed out an idea under the topic Teaching Index Use and enjoyed reading the ideas of Starting the Year On the Right Foot. The Ning for Teachers wasn't very helpful for me at this moment without specific lesson plans in front of me. But, when I am planning a lesson with a teacher, I just may look on the site to see what others have done. I plan to share the site with my faculty because it is neat to see the lesson plans and it always great to get new ideas.

No comments: