Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing 21

Finally something that I have used before and know a little bit about! It has been a while since I have made a podcast, but I remember that it was very time consuming. However, as I use the podcasting tools more frequently, that will hopefully no longer be an issue. I really liked using Audacity and the ability to delete all of the mistakes the narrator has made. I am very familiar with photostory and love having the students use it for final projects during research units. The kids are excited to use the laptops the district has provided for us and therefore are motivated to do excellent jobs with their photostories. As more and more teachers are going to want to use the set of laptop computers our school has, I think that there will be more issues in scheduling the use of them. For now, I use them frequently in the library! The following podcast is a tutorial for the students of how to turn in old books and reserve new books while I am with a class.

http://cfbstaff.cfbisd.edu/librarylandry/documents/PhotoStorycorral_1.wmv

1 comment:

VWB said...

nice job on the photostory!
have you considered teaching students to check in & out their own books...our system easily allows for that to happen...most libraries have a check in computer and a check out computer to make it even easier.
maybe you can check into that possibility?