Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing 20

I viewed videos on both YouTube and TeacherTube. First on YouTube I used the search term "librarians" and viewed 3 videos, none that I was thrilled with. The first one was called "Librarian's Guide to Understanding Academic Copyright". It had silly hand puppets with hard to understand English accents. The second video was "Librarian's Job Description". It covered the basic facts, but was dry and rather boring. The third video, "Librarian's Day is Never Done took a turn around the minute mark that I didn't want to see! I was much more successful with TeacherTube. I searched for anything to do with the man made wonders of the world to enhance a 3rd grade unit I co-teach with the classroom teacher. I found a video about the Great Wall of China that I thought would be a nice introduction to that.

No comments: